Sunday, July 10, 2011

Leadership Lessons Learned – My Journey through the District Trio


On June 30th, I completed my term as District Governor for District 6 Toastmasters. This was a four year commitment which included a year as Lieutenant Governor Marketing, a year as Lieutenant Governor Education and Training, a year as District Governor, and now I will serve a year as Immediate Past District Governor. Serving in these positions has been an incredible journey. Working with a leadership team of about 100 people to lead an organization of over 5000 people has been fun, challenging and educational. These positions gave me the opportunity to use many of the leadership skills that we learn and practice within Toastmasters. Over the next several weeks, I would like to share my thoughts on a leadership skill that I learned, relearned or discovered new insights on. Check in next week when I share my thoughts on Vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment